Here's a little glimpse of what it's like to live a 'toxic life.' And yes, these all come from personal experience...believe it or not.
You know you're detoxing...
- when you drink a gallon of water a day and still feel thirsty
- when you cry and the tears burn your face and eyes (my mom always says crying is good because it gets the toxins out)
- when your mom coughs or sneezes when she's around you
- when your sweat smells like perfume (or pesticide, or whatever your detoxing)
- when your hair feels like straw no matter how often you wash it with baking soda
- when unsweetened chocolate tastes really good to you (apparently organic, dark chocolate is good for the liver)
- when you have a recurring dream about pulling a sticky substance out of your teeth and gums
- when a detox bath is the highlight of your day (hot water and minerals, or epson salts, etc.)
- when you actually look forward to going to physical therapy
- when you start adding "de" to all your words - desensitize, destress, declutter, debrief, defocus.... (well, maybe I'm not that far gone, yet...) =)
Yep, it's a toxic life.