I've been reading through the book of Proverbs again. There's so much wisdom in these ancient sayings. I wanted to share some of them with you today.
I know some people read a chapter of Proverbs every day, but I've found that to be too much for me to think about at one time. I like to read just one proverb (or a few verses) at a time and then think about it all day long. I encourage you to do that with the following proverbs. Over the next week, choose one to contemplate each day, and let its wisdom plant deep in your soul.
1) My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body. Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. -Prov. 4:20-23
2) Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. -Prov. 3:7-8
3) Reckless words piece like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. -Prov. 12:18
4) A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. -Prov. 14:30
5) The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. -Prov. 15:4
6) A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. -Prov. 15:30
7) Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. -Prob. 16:24
And here's a bonus one:
He who gets wisdom loves his own soul; he who cherishes understanding prospers. -Prov. 19:8